300g Diced beef (chuck, sourced locally from Lower House)
150g Diced lamb (shoulder of lamb, sourced locally from Lower House)
200g Large dice peeled potatoes (sourced locally from Claremont Farm)
100g Small dice peeled potatoes (sourced locally from Claremont Farm)
200g Peeled carrot and roughly diced (sourced locally within 20 miles)
50g Peeled onion roughly diced
1 bay leaf
1 to 2 litre of beef stock (depending on how thick you want it)
10ml Worcester sauce (optional)
5g Chopped chives
Salt and pepper
• Bring the beef stock to a light boil.
• Add your meat bring back to the boil skimming when necessary this should take around 4 to 5 minutes.
• Then add all the rest of the ingredients apart from the potatoes.
• Reduce the heat down and simmer 45 minutes.
• Now add the large potatoes cook for a further 1 and a half hours or until the meat is very tender and potatoes start to break down ever so slightly.
• Adjust the seasoning with the salt and pepper
• Ladle into serving dishes or bowls sprinkle with chop chives.
• Serve with toasted Sour dough or crusty bread (optional)