JOIN THE MOVEMENT
What is One Planet Plate?
One Planet Plate is a campaign by Food Made Good a worldwide restaurant campaign to address the inherent problems in our food system. We’re calling on you to join the collective movement. This is a chance for chefs worldwide to show how they’re contributing to a better food future and galvanise diners and home cooks to think about and act upon their own food choices too.
How restaurants can get involved?
Submit your One Planet Plate dish to be featured on our new website and your menu! We are calling on you to show your commitment to a better food future by submitting a dish for your menu that puts sustainability first. Once you have submitted your dish we will share our logo, and further information for you to put on your menu and social media. The dish can be an entirely new special or an existing crowd pleaser. There is no one answer to what a One Planet Plate must look like, but chefs must follow at least one of the below criteria when creating their dish:
- CELEBRATE LOCAL: Use locally sourced, seasonal and non-intensively-farmed produce
- WASTE NO FOOD: Rethink how food surplus or common by-products are used
- MORE VEG: Shift the proportion of animal protein towards plant-based ingredients
- SOURCE SEAFOOD SUSTAINABLY: Protect the oceans by choosing fish from reliable stocks
- LOW CARBON FOOTPRINT: Cut use of natural resources from farm to fork
Keep up to plate
Stay in the loop with the latest sustainability news and info